February 25, 2014

How Do I Show Love?

*This serves as a 'marker' to a post I intent to insert here.  I am late to the Listicle party this week (what's new?) but want to do this week's topic, 'Ways I Show Love'.

I just slept nearly 10 hours.  My brain and body have been completely wrung out from a jam-packed week, and this one is shaping up to be similar.  I had to give a talk to the Schools of Professional Studies yesterday.  I survived.  I said to someone, 'I am not called to public speaking.'  They said, 'But you're a professor.'  I said, 'I know.  My life is one big contradiction.'

So I intend to do this post.  I shall return.


3 comments:

  1. "Ways I Show Love" is a great topic. I'll be back to see what you end up adding here. I like the note of intent, committing helps us follow thru! My readership is small these days too. But I don't let it stress me much, I write as much for me as I do for an audience. Those who understand will show up and share. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike. I have been thinking about love and the different kinds of love. I wanted to post it for Valentine's Day, but wasn't able to post at all. Trucking is like The Twilight Zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contradictions? e.e. cummings: "If freckles were lovely, and day was night, and measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie, life would be delight,--but things couldn't go right for in such a sad plight I wouldn't be I.

    ReplyDelete