This will be short, to drop by before turning in to say hello and to share an incident with a song.
Have you ever had a song follow you? Get in the path of your day, maybe multiple times that day, and from unusual places?
Happens to me all the time.
This week, I received a text. This, from someone I do not normally text. I only had the phone number to begin with due to the connective nature of other people, and needed it, 'for emergencies'. I can not go into the circumstances as to why she sent it to me. It is the fact that, if you knew her, you would be amazed that she carried out this gesture to someone she doesn't know very well at all.
Then later that very same day, a dear friend shared it on Facebook. I don't know that I had heard the song before, and suddenly, it is there, inserted into my day - twice.
When the text message came, it only had the song title and a singer's name so I couldn't listen right then. When it crossed my 'wall' on Facebook, I couldn't listen right then either. I had to wait until I had just turned out the lights, and I listened.
And cried like a baby.
So I don't really know why this song 'followed' me that day. The message is loud and clear. I only know that I am compelled to share it, and if it impacts you deeply enough to affect change, to make that first step toward someone that you need to talk to, be the one to reach first - let this be your anthem.
The version sent to me via text, a cover:
The version, (the original?) on Facebook - the video is heartbreaking:
Say Something.
As the saying goes: music hath power to sooth the savage breast. I don't think I have a savage breast but certain songs can move me deeply, and I suspect this is what happened to you.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly did.
DeleteThank you for this. I can relate. It made me cry.
ReplyDeleteI could too. Glad it moved you.
Delete