January 20, 2014

Workin' For the Weekend

Monday Listicles here again!  This week's list is 'Ten Things to Do During the Weekend".  Cue Loverboy - because most everyone I know 'works for the weekend'.  I lifted a line from the 80's hit to craft my weekend list with a theme:

'Everybody wants a little romance'



Ten Romantic Things to Do During a Weekend

1.  On a rainy day, stay in bed listening to music

2.  Go on a hike near waterfalls

3.  Plan a date night 'in' - cook together, maybe some dancing...

4.  Visit a bookstore and read interesting things to each other

5.  Take a drive with no particular destination in mind

6.  Have a backyard bonfire complete with dinner cooked over an open fire

7.  Go camping

8.  Try something new together - sculpting class, zipline, rock wall climbing, foreign films.....

9.  Find a skating rink and 'go back in time' - couple skate holding hands

10.  On a warm night, (if you have a truck) drive to an open field or secluded location.  Pile the back of the truck with pillows and blankets, etc.  A little music and waiting for the stars.....




14 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend!

    I couldn't add to that list if I tried!

    Nice to see some good Canadian boys in you music selection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ken!

      Yes, that song harkens way back! I don't think I realized they were Canadian!

      Delete
  2. On a rainy day I like to stay in bed and listen to the---rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make great lists! Somehow, my lists are all "To Do" lists. Great job, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McGuffy Ann! Maybe put one thing on your list just for fun! :) I am trying to build more of that in to balance out the 'to do'.
      Hugs!

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of trying something new together...and we used to go camping...maybe one day again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs and I did those Segways on a trip last summer. THAT was a hoot!

      I really love camping - even the 'roughin' it kind. We live in an area that is perfect for it, but don't do it near enough.

      Delete
  5. This is a great list - all wonderful things to do together. We love the drives with no destination! Great way to find new places to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great list! Some wonderful romantic suggestions. I like the 'try new things together' concept. I think ordinary life gets in the way of pursuing new hobbies sometimes ... at least around here. Time for a change, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Hiking near a waterfall! Haven't done that in years! Must do it again - I just need to plan for my mom to babysit the kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet list! Weekends have been to play catch up (in theory). I like your ideas way better,.

    ReplyDelete