January 6, 2014

Till the Newness Wears Off

Joining up with Monday Listicles in this new year.  The topic:  10 Things New.  I think the interpretation of this is wide open.  Some will probably list their resolutions.  I am still mulling over what exactly my goals for this year will be as I Return ( you can read those initial thoughts here).

For today's list, I am going to focus on things that seem to lose their appeal once the newness wears off.  

1.  resolutions

2.  a box of crayons (or any number of school supplies)

3.  technology

4.  a new car once it gets the first scratch

5.  rug/carpet once it gets that first spill

6.  shoes

7.  Christmas decorations up beyond Jan. 1

8.  jobs (sometimes)

9.  toys

10.  home gym equipment


28 comments:

  1. Love your take on the list! Here's mine:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/01/listicle-all-things-new-1614.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year girlie!!!!
    I still have my decorations and trees up and I still don't mind looking at them but they need to go. I get a bit excited at all the boots I have bought this winter and still get happy taking turns wearing them. By next winter I will want all new ones though.
    My gym equipment is still new, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey - Happy New Year!
      I normally have everything taken down by the first or second at the latest...but the outdoor decorations are still out and we left the tree up with lights only - for now. It has a nice ambience in the evenings.

      Glad to see you around!

      Delete
  3. What a fun list! Love your take on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - thought I'd try a different angle!

      Delete
  4. BEST LIST EVER!!! so creative and sadly true!!!! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting list that says a great deal about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list. I'm always on such a high with a new box of crayons and then...sigh...they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd add a new house to that list as well. Creative take on the topic :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. The new house - new appliances, carpet/floors, paint...until someone drags a large box across the wall and there ya go - not new.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Love your take on this list. It's so true!

    Thanks for checking out my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to check it out! Love Monday Listicles!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Visiting from Listicles...

    Oh the things we've spilled on our white rugs... Though I have to admit, buying *cotton* ones has meant we can actually get a lot of stains out of them--they actually just go in the washing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on this. Hubby likes to leave the Christmas decorations up until after 1/6, so we'll be taking them down tomorrow evening. I'm ready for them to come down. I love them, but we had to do some re-arranging for the tree, and I'm just ready for things to go back to normal.

    I hope the new year is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The New Year is sailing along so far. Went off track slightly (what is a new year with goals and hopes if you don't almost immediately do something stupid to make you feel like you've messed up already and want to throw in the towel?) but I'm back, and am ready to move forward!

      Decorations are still up outside...but it is entirely too cold to bother with them. They're mainly just lights so they blend in well with the bushes. Not an eyesore like a yard full of deflated blow-up figures past their season.

      Delete
  11. Very clever list! I agree with everyone except crayons... my solution to old crayons I learned from my Grandma, melt them down and trickle the colors on the inside a glass jar... makes the prettiest flower vase of pencil cup! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a nifty idea!!! What a neat thing to remember from Grandma!

      Delete
  12. Home gym equipment!! Lawd, that made me laugh because it is SO TRUE!! Who doesn't have at least one piece of equipment with laundry hanging on it ? I loved your creative take on the Listicle!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It would be fun to find out just what piece of gym equipment everyone owns, where it is now and what purpose it is now serving, if any. For me, there's an ab lounger (Hubs' - not mine) and an inversion table down in the basement, serving absolutely no purpose.

      Delete
  13. Great list, my friend. Really very well done, and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, to every single one of these. I especially agree about the car. I wanted to cry after my first new car got a scratch. After that it was all downhill.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this list - and I totally agree. :)

    ReplyDelete