I know. Please sit down if this shock is too much, but I am actually posting two days. in.a.row. I'm getting crazy 'round here. Look out.
Actually, I happened to take a break from cranking out a midterm to read through a few blogs and came upon Josie's Thankful Thoughts over at Two Shoes in Texas. It inspired me to do my own.
Behold, that which maketh me thankfuleth:
1. Of course top of my list is Best Girl arriving safely home, on U.S. soil, and then back into our fold as of last weekend. It has been an adjustment for her - a good one, but also bittersweet. She falls hard for people and part of her heart is now in India with those beautiful people, as well as her Orlando 'family'. Coming back into the States after being in a third world country can also be such a culture shock, as evidenced by her completely losing it in the middle of Target. I spotted her across the racks, standing there, scrunch-faced and crying. So there we both were, tangled up in a tight hug - in the middle of Target. She was overwhelmed by the excess of so much that we just don't need. That's wisdom right there.
2. This is going to be another shocker so if you didn't already sit down from seeing two posts in a row, you might want to grab a chair now: I'm thankful that I am now at peace with what I am currently doing. (pause for effect) Yes, I just said that I am good with being a professor (for now) and being involved in education (for now). There have been some mighty hefty prayers answered to get me to this place, and if you know me at all, you would realize you've witnessed a miracle. A complete 180 in attitude does not come by way of ease and self-realization, y'all. Especially when the self is stubborn and dead-set convinced otherwise. So there's that.
3. I truly am not wishing my life away, but I am glad that time does seem to be moving rapidly forward. This because with summer just around the corner, hopeful things are on the horizon. I look forward to all the usual fun and frivolity summer contains. I have high hopes of tackling some much neglected home projects and clean out. I look to try and really purge out from under all the 'stuff' that we do not need. In the event we could or need to move, I want it to be easy. I would also like to do another road trip, possibly a visit to the Ozark Mountains and/or the Outer Banks.
4. I am thankful - BOTH Eldest and Best Girl have landed summer internships locally. They too, are grateful that they have work lined up for the summer.
5. A week from Monday, we will be at the beach with Best Girl and one of her buds. I do hope it will be somewhat warm. I'll settle for cool sun. It's the beach after all.
6. I found a fabulous doctor that I went to see for the first time Thursday. FINALLY, I think that I will have the kind of comprehensive and integrative care that is so rare and so very needed. I really am very excited about what this will mean for my health. Granted, I had to give up about 6 gallons of blood for all the testing but hey, you can't say the fellow isn't thorough.
7. I feel the approaching end of semester in sight. It is near. Glimmers of May surface, like the horizon.
8. Both sets of parents are alive and doing well. My father-in-law has had some terrible issues in the last year or so, but has been much better recently. More and more I realize that each day that we have our parents with us is a gift.
9. Today is International Women's Day, and I couldn't be more glad to be a gal than I am today. So many incredibly strong women I know.
10. Today I got outside in the yard to pick up fallen twigs (just a reason, any reason, to get outside) and I saw this:
Spring isn't far away. Come on, spring!

Ooooh, a good doctor! That really is awesome. I always figure that the more uncomfortable I am by the time I leave, the more confident I can feel that I have had a decent checking over. Have a wonderful time at the beach!
ReplyDeleteI am currently experiencing plant jealousy. Glad about #2 especially.
ReplyDeleteIt's it awesome how this thankful thoughts thing works? I start out with one or two things in mind and before long I'm zipping down the list and could go on with even more!
ReplyDeleteI join you in being so glad your daughter is safely home again, most definitely changed forever, and that's a good thing. I can so relate to her sense of excess in the store. I never mall shop and get in and out of necessity box stores as quickly as possible, largely due to a feeling of being overwhelmed with so much clamoring to be bought... so much that isn't needed to begin with! I try really hard to refrain from impulse buying.
Hallelujah that both kids have great plans in place for summer too.
The real shining spot in this list is of course your change of perspective about your job! I don't know how you got there but it's awesome! I know from experience how hard it is to show up for a job you detest, and even harder to get through the day and do it well when you are fighting it.
Also very pleased that you found a new doctor that is paying attention to the details and to You! They seem to be increasingly rare. I hope he has you feeling amazing in no time!
Enjoy your week at the beach, scrunch your toes in some sand for me!
Hugs and Love, Josie
Sounds like your girl has had quite an eye-opening with her return to the states. I wish everyone could have the opportunity to visit a third world country in order to open their eyes.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous of your doctor. Mine went into a specialty and left us in the dust. I am hoping this new one will be a good one. Time will tell.
I am so blessed to have my parents both alive and well. I am so thankful for my kids' opportunity to get to know them, too. Many friends have lost a parent this year, and with each one, I am more aware of how blessed I am.
Your photo of the flowers coming through made me so happy. Spring really is coming!!
(I came over from Josie's. You are welcome to add your post to the link-up. It's open every week from Friday night to Sunday night.)