July 17, 2012

Beverage Commercial

And now a word from our sponsors -
 Tona is one of the local brews and it is wonderful.  I quite liked this shot of a bottle cap on the cobblestone.
And this?  Their other beer - the Victoria and the Victoria Frost.  This was the most splendid frosty ice-cold beverage to ever grace my lips.  I'm not kidding.  After an all-day trek out in the sun, sweating profusely, we ordered this and awaited them on the deck of Henry's.  When they arrived, there was literal frost on the glass bottle and the steam of condensation rising from the sides.  Mouth watering yet?

The other beverage that is quite popular is their locally made rum or ron - Flor De Cana, Spanish for sugarcane flower, manufactured in Managua.  It is touted as some of the smoothest rum available.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember drinking "rough" rum. It all goes down smooth to me. I think I need some right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not an expert on rums, but I've heard this Nicaraguan rum is quite wonderful compared to others. I enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, you are making me miss beer so much. It is perfect for summer. In response to good and bad rum? We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon and they make their own wine and beer for Sandals resorts there. In a word? Horrible. Absolutely awful. And? You can't get buzzed on that stuff to save your life. Not that you need to get drunk on a honeymoon, but even the bottle we brought back went unused because it was just that bad. Sads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Melanie! Yes, I enjoyed it while there but am paying for it now...le beer likes le belly...gotta get that stuff off!

      Bleh - there is such as a thing as savory beverage and cough syrup...I completely concur.

      Delete