July 27, 2012

We Interrupt this Give-Away Fridge Poetry

I have let this slide.  Then I found myself this morning, coffee cup in hand, shuffling words and forming phrases.  Here's my latest Fridge Poetry installment...
We are closing on the first week of the Great Get-To-Know-You Give-Away.  I'm not going to lie - when I started it, I went, 'EEEK!  Post daily?  Can I keep this up?'  I sit here, in my cozy nest, the dvr'd Opening Ceremonies as background, and SO very grateful that I did.  I have had a ball getting to know some of my blog friends better, learning about their lives and drawing the circle smaller on the world in which we live.  I have smiled that I have been more alert and attentive to the sounds around me, finding new ones to love.  Blog friend comments have sparked future ideas for posts, and they have said the same.  I love it.  It's relational.  It's getting to know people, and I lerv people.  

Robin, over at Thoughts and Reflections, posed the question to me - Why Nicaragua?  What led you there, and do you revisit?  I have not told that story here yet, but had plans to when the Give-Away was over.  I will do a series - it will probably take three parts.  I am grateful she asked.  


The thing is, I am inspired, and it is by all of you.  THAT is a good thing.



14 comments:

  1. Om'gosh. Fridge Poetry? How cool is that. And I love those words. As far as this challenge goes, I am having a ball! I look forward to your question each day. I find myself late at night checking repeatedly and wondering "has she posted it yet, huh? huh?" And it's been a joy reading other responses.
    I can't wait to hear about Nicaragua.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had done a Friday Fridge Poetry for a while and let is slide...but have gotten quite a few comments about it returning so I am going to try to keep it going...I LOVE poetry. Probably my 'first love' of writing. There is a company that has sets of words to create poetry on your refrigerator. It's magneticpoetry. com

      I need a new set, but playing with words is so therapeutic to me.

      I am SO GLAD you are having fun! :) I am MOST glad to have 'met' you and gotten to know you here! :)

      I honestly can't wait to share my story!

      P.S. I will probably post tomorrow's question in the morning some time. Being on the east coast, it is already late, and I am still working on the next one. Wanted to let you know so you wouldn't sit up too late waiting for it! :)

      Good night, dear friend!

      Delete
  2. Hell, My friend!

    Unfortunately, blogger won't load your poetry picture tonight so I will have to come back later. that's not so bad, is it? :)

    Anyway's today turned out as hectic as all get out so my post on your question never even got written. Hope to try squeeze it in tomorrow.

    I'm happy if fridge poetry is making it's return to these parts. It's been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll type here, just for you, in case it doesn't ever show up...

      to understand the sea
      is too overwhelming
      but to listen to its whispers,
      lit by a rose-rich moon
      brings sacred reason
      within the soul.

      So glad you enjoy it! I will try my best to keep it up!

      Understand about the hectic part...life's about to get insane for me. I'm petrified.... :-{

      Delete
  3. I was finally able to see it but thank you for sharing it the second time just in case. The fridge poetry was one of the reasons I kept coming back early on. Plus others of course, but I do like it.

    I liked that one quit a lot. I spent some time thinking on it. I really can't wait to get back to the ocean.

    Don't be petrified. It's a brand new adventure. If you'd like, you can bring us all along with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to keep it up. I'd like to get some new sets. I reckon I also need two more refrigerators and a deep freeze to have enough space for all those little word tiles! :)

      Ah - my 'petrified' is over the upcoming semester and my possibility of drowning in a pool of papers, stacks of books and late nights...

      As to my adventure? I CAN NOT WAIT to share more about it, and yes, it includes an invitation to all those who have posted here that I have come to know. :)

      Delete
  4. Loved this one! Because of you I have been looking at different fridge poetry kits. I am thinking of getting the Edgar Allen Poe one. I still haven't decided. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo! A Poe set! Way cool! I need to get on their website and peruse and order one. I keep saying I want to...

      You will probably love it - especially as you have friends over and like to entertain...I have great fun having folks join me in the kitchen and have them create phrases and poems on my fridge. My kids' friends LOVE it. The best part is glimpsing the creations later, remembering the person who did it, and smilng.

      :)
      How's your German wine-tasting date?

      Delete
  5. Your coffee must have been very inspiring! I'm sad that I chose this week to be absent since it was get-to-know-you week and I've been thinking that was a good idea for a while now. Oh well. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I guess it was that morning! Most mornings it is surely the oil that gets my squeaky gears (brain) going.

      Hey hey, Melanie!! There's no NEXT TIME! JUMP IN!!! Were you gone last week? we just started a week into the give-away get to know you thing and it is running for two weeks so we'll wrap up August 5th. The beauty of it is, jump in!!! I've had people join up after 3-4 days of the challenge. Some go back and comment on the older give-away posts, and some just pick right up where we are. PLEASE join in!!! I want to do another one later, but there's still a littlle over a week on this one. Come along!

      Delete
  6. Wow, I adore that poem. So beautiful. I am lousy at poetry writing, but now I need a fridge poetry set, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love poetry.

      No one's lousy at poetry! All it is is play with words! Get a set and have fun with it!

      Delete