July 14, 2012

Estoy en Mi Casa

I am home now.  We got in very late Thursday night to a house full of people (long story).  Our daughter, the world traveler, got in last night.  Her birthday is tomorrow.  Someone must have hit the fast forward button on this summer, and it is stuck.

I have a few posts left to share about our trip, and the 'Great, Get-to-Know-You Giveaway' to launch.  I have all of your blogs to catch up on reading, and a suitcase full of dirty clothes to burn run through the hot cycle.  I don't know about you, but I am biting my nails that the summer is over (at least it feels that way to me ).  Where did it all go?

In the mean time, I leave you with a photo from the sailboat trip we took on Tuesday.  I can add, and then cross off something else from the bucket list: sailboat ride.

10 comments:

  1. Good Heavens! I'm hoping for much more summer yet! :)

    Can't wait to hear more about your trip but welcome back. I hope you were able to do some relaxing while you were gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will capture snips of more summer when I can - it feels it is coming to an end for me because I accepted to go full-time in my position, and I need to start getting ready for two new classes.....plus tweak and ramp up the other two I've already done. Hence the feeling that I am halfway down the plank. *sigh

      The trip was extremely relaxing. No real agenda. A few days were spent alternating between reading, drifting to sleep in a hammock, and refreshing the ice in my beverages. :) Can't get more relaxed than that!

      I hope to post some this week! About to hop over and read your latest post.

      Delete
  2. I agree that summer is flying by. Where does the time go?

    Nice picture. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but time seems to go by faster and faster.

      Thank you! Yes, after the initial near roll-over, sailboating is INCREDIBLE.

      Delete
  3. Girl, you are gorgeous and in your element on that boat! Ride on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two words, my friend: coconut oil. :) My goodness gracious, thanks! I am quite in my element when the air is salty and the sunlight warm!

      Delete
  4. You look so pretty and relaxed!
    Summer always flies by. It hasn't been a great one for me si I am kind of looking forward to fall ( but not winter)
    I do love fall decor and Halloween!
    Hope you have more fab pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I was COMPLETELY relaxed. Love the rock and sway of a boat!

      Summer goes by quicker every year, it seems. I like fall, to an extent, and while I was in Nicaragua, I wondered how much I would miss seasons if I was there full-time. I don't know that I could drum up any wistful longing for winter though. That'd be a stretch.

      I do have more to post, and hope to get to that this week!

      Delete
  5. Welcome home, and Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope you have a grand celebration with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephen! We have some fun planned today, and then one day this week!

      Delete