July 30, 2012

Toe-may-to/Toe-mah-to Question #8

Mucho apologies for yesterday's question getting out so late.  I also attempted to answer some questions in one long post, but I think it is getting in the way of finding the questions so I'll save that for the end.  I have a whole list of people to recognize, posts to link and questions to answer!  Here's today's - tried to keep it short, maybe sweet, but always fun.  Yesterday's question if you need to catch up Popcorn, Extra Butter.
One SHOUT OUT right now - Tortugarachel over at Turtle Tracks joined the contest in a big way and caught up with the ENTIRE list of questions at once over at her blog!  Round of applause!  She also wants that hammock pretty bad.  Look out.  Her eyes are set on the prize.  Anyway, you have GOT to get over there and check her out.  Her answers are AWESOME and I knew I would love her when one of the sounds she loves is THE SOUND OF A LIGHTSABER.  Why didn't I think of that!  


I realize by the fact that my eyes really are falling out that my last few posts were leh-ooo-ho-oooong so I'm going to give us all a reprieve and make this one short and sweet.  When facebook first came around, there were these quizzes and things that always popped up.  I was a quiz-taking junkie.  Loved the 422 question lists.  So let's do some either/or, shall we?  Of course I'll be breaking my own rule and adding 'buts', 'and's and 'neithers'.

Feel free to copy and paste the list to make it easier to answer today.

1. wheat or white?  Neither unless it's gluten-free, then sparingly

2. nature or people?  perfect smattering of both

3.  leather or denim?  both

4.  beach or mountain?  This one's obvious by my posts.  Mountains have their merits but I find that people are either beach or mountain folk

5. fire or water (you interpret)?  Water - ocean, rain, rivers to tube, baths to give babies, water fights,
    sprinklers in the summer, cool showers, hot baths

6.  shoes or barefoot?  2-inch wedge flip flops around the house, barefoot makes my arches ache but I
     drive barefoot most days.  In shoes, my toes get claustrophobic.

7.  Electronic message or letter?  What I wouldn't give to get a seriously handwritten, old-fashioned letter in the mail. These are almost completely gone, aren't they?

8.  hug or kiss - Probably a hug because they can be dispensed to a larger reach of people

9.  rain or snow - I am doing my rain dance as I type this for all of you that are suffering in drought in
     the midwest.

10.  color or black and white - vibrant color for most everything, black and white for photos

Go!

26 comments:

  1. I should really gt moving with this contest, but do you have trees to go with the hammock?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Andrea - join in however you can! Catch up with all the questions, some, or just jump right in right here! As for the trees, trees not included :( but do you have deck railings/porch railings you could attach it to? If all else fails, posts concreted in the ground work too. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Carrie! Thanks so much for the shout-out!!

    So, I answered yesterday and today's questions in my post, and I asked you a few questions too. Hope they're not too intrusive.

    http://tortugarachel.blogspot.com/2012/07/question-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome and you are welcome. Thanks in turn, for the shout out at your place!

      I posted a comment over on your latest post.

      You're my new twin sister that I've never met! :)

      Delete
  3. 1. wheat or white? I eat really dark, native grain brown bread or wheat. Never white.

    2. nature or people? balance

    3. leather or denim? denim

    4. beach or mountain? mountain. i can't stand sand getting in things.

    5. fire or water (you interpret)? water for sure.

    6. shoes or barefoot? barefoot. as soon as i get home shoes are off for the rest of the evening.

    7. Electronic message or letter? both. i have tried to do letter writing pen pal stuff with girlfriends. they always flake so i've given up trying that.

    8. hug or kiss - both

    9. rain or snow - i like to visit snow, but i couldn't live in it. So probably rain.

    10. color or black and white - when i was in high school all i wore was white, gray, and black so now i love bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White bread isn't food.

      Balance. Word for life.

      I love sand. I tolerate it.

      Raise our glasses of water - cheers!

      Free tootsies unite. Who invented shoes, anyway?

      Friends can be flakes.

      Hugs first, to all.

      Could NEVER LIVE IN SNOW. OR PERPETUAL RAIN!!!

      I am going all color around my house. It makes me happy.

      Delete
  4. 1. wheat or white? wheat

    2. nature or people? depends on the nature and the people

    3. leather or denim? leather shoes, denim jeans, leather purses

    4. beach or mountain? beach, although I have seen the mountains

    5. fire or water (you interpret)? Water except in the winter, I like a roaring fire and warm feet

    6. shoes or barefoot? I love shoes but if it is hot, I wear flips or sandals. I rarely go barefoot anymore.

    7. Electronic message or letter? I have the letters my mom used to either type or write me and they are awesome. I can't even get a birthday card in the mail, it is email or Facebook. I still buy and mail cards with handwritten messages but others don't.

    8. hug or kiss - not a hugger (except my kids and husband) I will kiss my husband for hours though.

    9. rain or snow - rain, please dear God rain.

    10. color or black and white - love color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good answer to 2.

      You're brilliant (#3)

      I sense a beach girls' trip in our future.

      I love shoes - but prefer barefoot. It's a sickness.


      my letters from my grandmother I would go back into a burning building to retrieve.

      Noted. Do not hug funny if ever I get the privilege of meeting her.

      Please send rain.

      Color, particularly loud and unmatching.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say I have never seen the mountains. Ok, wait, from an airplane in Utah I have.
      I would hug you, just not for long.

      Delete
  5. 1. wheat or white? MY DIET ALLOWS NO CARBS, SO I'M GOING WITH NEITHER AS WELL. IN MY FORMER LIFE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE WHEAT SINCE WHITE BREAD FREAKS ME OUT.

    2. nature or people? I NEED BOTH TO LIVE, BUT MOST OF THE TIME I PREFER THE TEMPERAMENT OF ANIMALS TO PEOPLE. HOWEVER, FRIENDS (PEOPLE) OUT IN NATURE WITH ME IS A GREAT COMBO.

    3. leather or denim? DEMIM

    4. beach or mountain? I LIKE THEM BOTH TOGETHER REALLY, AND PREFER TO HAVE THEM TOGETHER IF POSSIBLE (OREGON) BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I LIKE ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER. THE BEACH IS MORE RELAXING BUT THE MOUNTAINS ARE BETTER FOR EXPLORING AND BEING ONE WITH NATURE.

    5. fire or water (you interpret)? NOT REALLY A FAN OF FIRE, UNLESS IT'S A COOKOUT, SO WATER. PLUS, I LOVE WATER. UNLESS IT'S LEAKING IN MY HOUSE.

    6. shoes or barefoot? I HATE SHOES. I ESPECIALLY HATE WINTER WHEN I'M FORCED TO SHOVE MY FEET IN SOCKS AND THEN THICK BOOTS OR SHOES. TENNIS SHOES WITH SOCKS IN THE HEAT CAN SEND ME OVER THE EDGE, AND I EVEN TEND TO DO CARDIO WORKOUTS ON DVD IN BARE FEET. HOWEVER, I LOVE BUYING SHOES!

    7. Electronic message or letter? I STILL GET TINGLES WHEN I GET A LETTER. OF COURSE IT USUALLY ENDS UP BEING JUST AN INVITE OR FROM SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW WANTING A DONATION OR SOMETHING, BUT I LOVE THE FEEL OF A LETTER. HOWEVER, I ALSO LOVE STAYING IN TOUCH AND FEEL LIKE EMAILS HAVE GIVEN US THE OPPORTUNITY TO KEEP PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES WHO, JUST 10 YEARS AGO, WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE FOREVER WITHOUT EMAIL.

    8. hug or kiss - DEPENDS ON WHO IS ASKING FOR IT. I HAVE A FRIEND WHOSE FAMILY ALWAYS GREETS ME BY KISSING ME ON THE LIPS AND IT TAKES ALL MY POWER NOT TO WIPE MY MOUTH EVERY TIME. HOWEVER, AWKWARD HUGS ARE ALMOST WORSE. I HATE NOT KNOWING IF I SHOULD HUG OR IF THE OTHER PERSON IS COMFORTABLE WITH ONE EITHER. IF IT'S MY HUSBAND OR BOYS, I LOVE MY HUGS AND KISSES, BUT WITH ANYONE ELSE I WISH A STANDARD HUG WAS ALWAYS ACCEPTABLE AND EXPECTED SO I NEVER FEEL WEIRD ABOUT IT.

    9. rain or snow - I LOVE ANY TYPE OF WET WEATHER, AND WHILE I LOVE A GOOD RAIN STORM, SNOW IS PART OF MY HEART SINCE I WAS BORN IN MINNESOTA. I JUST LOVE HOW IT MAKES THE WORLD LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND NEW. SNOW IS LIKE A GIFT I GET FROM ABOVE AND DANG IT! I JUST REMEMBERED THAT MY FAVORITE SOUND IS THAT OF SNOW FALLING, LATE AT NIGHT, ON A FRESH PILE OF SNOW. THAT QUIET BEAUTIFUL SOUND!

    10. color or black and white - ALWAYS BLACK AND WHITE. THEY JUST WORK FOR ME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I've gone basically gluten free and love it. Don't miss 'bread'.

      2.Let's go camping.

      4. It's settled. You and Funny are coming with me to Nicaragua one day. Lovely combo of mountains and beach.

      5. You're funny. Hate leaks. We're combating that and a mysterious 'mold'? that is making us 'sick' in our house...so leaks are evil.

      6. I'm a shoe addict...but love and prefer barefoot (or it's close relative - flip flop). I need serious intervention.

      7. Yes, emails and messages are really awesome and I am glad for them. But there is something about seeing a person's handwriting, knowing that they deliberated over every stroke of the pen...so beautiful.

      8. The hug and kiss thing is just weird. I am a hugger. Kisses are reserved for cheeks on most and lips, only one. Just how I roll.

      9. Oh I love this whole comment....let me read it again. I love it.

      10. Black and white rocks.

      Delete
  6. I haven't been answering because I don't have a place for your beautiful hammock, but I do enjoy reading peoples answers. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the frivolity then, Stephen. You can come swing in mine. :)

      Delete
  7. 1. wheat or white? Neither, I'd read 'Wheat belly' and got really scared...

    2. nature or people? hmm... kind of both

    3. leather or denim? both

    4. beach or mountain? both! Back in BC I had a house on the beach at the footsept of a mountain. It was perfect!

    5. fire or water (you interpret)? Water, I'm a crab.

    6. shoes or barefoot? Love barefoot.

    7. Electronic message or letter? Letter, with a little something included...

    8. hug or kiss - a hug

    9. rain or snow - rain, I like the sound of the rain, I like free car washes and garden watering. Rain is good! But also I love snow on Christmas Day.

    10. color or black and white - black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid wheat/gluten too.

      2/3 we're alike

      I love the beach. Hands down.

      Are you crabby? tee hee

      free tootsies unite.

      letters are grand.

      hugs - to you.

      Is there anything better than the gift of snow on Christmas Day? I've seen that twice.

      10. Yes.

      Delete
  8. Great questions.....

    1. wheat or white? I prefer wheat. I can't buy 100% whole wheat because my family won't eat it, so I buy bread with as much wheat as possible.... does that make sense?

    2. nature or people? Hmmm. I was going to say I am a bit of an introvert...but then I read the definition, so now I'm not sure. I am just a tad bit out of place around people, so I would have to say that I prefer nature, but there are times that I crave being around people. Hmm. does THAT make sense?

    3. leather or denim? I would say both, but denim is my fave. A faded, loose fit jean is the best!

    4. beach or mountain? beach! someday.....s.o.m.e.d.a.y.

    5. fire or water (you interpret)? Water. pool. beach. hot bath.

    6. shoes or barefoot? i love the feel of being barefoot, but I have horrible feet that make going barefoot nothing but miserable. Does barefoot in flip-flops count?

    7. Electronic message or letter? I would rather get a handwritten letter, for sure.

    8. hug or kiss - A HUG most definitely. Like there are so many times (like now) I am down and need consoling. I'm afraid that not everyone can (nor would I want them to) give me a kiss...but anyone can wrap their arms around me, hug me tight and tell me "its going to be OK"

    9. rain or snow - Rain! Snow means cold weather. Ick!

    10. color or black and white - are we talking pictures? Of course color is the most popular, but black and white makes any picture more dramatic. My grandchildren had their pictures made professionally about a year ago, and I ordered every one of them in black and white. It makes for a most awesome display on my wall!

    Until tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that too - try to sneak in the wheat. Now I wish I could just get my fam off GMO food altogether. Baby steps.

      You'd fit in swimmingly with me, Robin. I'm convinced.

      You rock the leather, but prefer denim. Best of both worlds.

      You'll get to that beach and ocean one day. Count on it.

      Barefoot in flip flops is still barefoot in my book. In my world, there are few 'rules'.

      Let's be pen pals. :)

      Hugs fo' sho'!

      Say no to snow!

      I have a display of my kids in black and white - my favorite.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, my friend!

    1. wheat or white? Whole wheat with as many seeds and things in it as we can buy. My wife got me onto that.

    2. nature or people? Mostly nature but there's something about sharing that nature with a few good friends.

    3. leather or denim? Denim. I have one leather jacket. I bought it just before I lost a bunch of weight and now it's a little big so I rarely wear it.

    4. beach or mountain? It would have to be the beach.

    5. fire or water (you interpret)? Water for crashing waves, hot tubs in the evening with my wife, and a tall glass with ice on a hot sweaty day. Fire for wiener roasts with the kids, sitting around with friends and curling up in front of on a winter evening.

    6. shoes or barefoot? In the summer, flip flops as often as I can. Sometimes though, I have to wear work boots. Because welding in flip flops doesn't turn out so well.

    7. Electronic message or letter? Really, any type of communication. I still get all excited about new comments on my blog post.

    8. hug or kiss - Every day, before my wife leaves for work, I try to give her a hug and a kiss that lasts for more than 10 seconds. I read somewhere that it's supposed to keep you feeling all romantic inside? But over the course of the day, I'd say more random hugs happen between us than kisses.

    9. rain or snow - As much as I love the beach, there's something so peaceful about snow falling and covering the countryside.

    10. color or black and white - black and white photos and pencil drawings. Colorful life! :)

    I have a question. Are you doing as well as you had hoped with the amount of people stopping by your hammock? It's a little scary right out of the gate, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I do have bread, the nuttier, seedier the better. There's a gluten-free kind that I get occasionally that is so organic and all that it has to be kept in the freezer. It's like that.

    Being in nature with awesome people - CAMPING! :)

    I have a leather jacket too. I loved my motorcycle jacket, but when we sold the motorcycle, it seemed silly to keep it.

    I've seen several comments about beach AND mountain combination and that is good! Nicaragua is like that on the Pacific side.

    Fire AND water - nice.

    Too funny - no, we wouldn't want toe flambé!!

    The comments have me quite jazzed.

    I have heard that too about the kiss for 10 seconds thing...very cool, Kimosabe. Very cool.

    I answered rain and that I am not a fan of snow, but there is something about snow falling that makes the world feel like it's all at peace.

    I love your answer to #10. Seriously. Colorful life 100%!

    As to your question - yes, doing very well with the traffic rolling through!!! I believe that I either have the same crowd coming back a lot to check questions and answers or there are a large number rolling through lurky lurking but not commenting because there's a core of you that are commenting and participating (which I am glad for) and lots of page hits. I think if there were too many more commenting, it would be a full-time job to manage but I have been having an ABSOLUTE blast doing this and have come to really love you guys- the lot of you that are commenting and interacting. It's been fun. I already have another 'give-away' idea rolling around for maybe fall some time...there will be some hinting/alluding to it surrounding Question 10...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, this one's fun and easy...

    1. wheat or white? whole wheat, prefer multi-grain
    2. nature or people? 80% nature, 20% people :-)
    3. leather or denim? denim
    4. beach or mountain? mountains to look at, beaches to walk on
    5. fire or water (you interpret)? fire fountains - flames above the water... awesome!!
    6. shoes or barefoot? barefoot or sandals all year long, my toes agree with yours :-)
    7. electronic message or letter? email for speed, but letters to hold in your hand and cherish. We should start a campain to send out at least one real letter per month! 8. hug or kiss - hugs for all!
    9. rain or snow - Rain for eleven months, snow for Christmas!
    10. olor or black and white - "vibrant color for most everything, black and white for photos" - ditto :-)

    Question... Would you trust blog friends with your snail mail address if it meant getting an ocassional real letter?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your replies! I like your idea about a letter-month campaign!!! What a cool idea! It would help our flagging postal service as well! Win-win!

    As to your question - absolutely, with the ones here who have responded faithfully in this contest, and most of you are ones I 'knew' from before. How best to exchange addresses? I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us have email addresses posted on our profile or blog, that's a safe way to exchange addesses. :-) I love finding a note or card in the mailbox between the bills and advertising now and then too! :-)

      Delete
  14. I'm intrigued by your interest in the moon. I recently read an article that suggested there might have once been two moons but they collided and now we only have one. How anyone could possibly know this is beyond me, but I find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find all things space and stars beyond fascinating. My son and I both love astronomy. THAT is an interesting tidbit of information and I want to know more!

      Delete