We took our time getting going the first morning. Time moves slower here, and no one is in any particular hurry. Agendas are scarce, and I like it that way. When we finally got moving, we took a short walk down from our lodging to the path that leads out to the rocks/cliffs in the bay.
Meet Chucho
He is the resident watch dog/big baby of Casa Del Soul. He looks and sounds intimidating (okay, maybe not in this picture) but he's a big love. He was my dance partner when I was here two years ago and did some balcony dancing out by the pool. He mistook my moving about as an invitation to play and tried to join me. He is as tall as me when on his hind legs and strong as an ox. I'd stopped petting him for a second here. How could anyone be scared of that face?
Here's an idea what it's like navigating it's main street into town. Dodging people and oncoming cars is a honed skill.
The local kids play all day on the beach, running, kicking a ball or flying kites.
One of the many reasons I love this town. It is so desparately beautiful to me. Most all of the streets downtown are cobblestone. I hope to do a post that features the town more.
We spent the afternoon walking around downtown, had an incredible massage - full body, deep tissue for $25 for over an hour and a half. If you're ever here, go to Gaby's. Just what I needed after running and d full day of travel. I felt like a noodle and like I'd just been beat up, but in a good way, if that's possible.
The best part, to me, are the town's people. As I wander the streets, and imagine what it will be like living here, I think about trying to get to know the locals and how patient they will have to be with me as I trip through trying to learn and use the language. I do not yet know when or what purpose we may have in this place, but before I ever begin, I love them already.
Chucho and I were working hard guarding the outdoor covered area. Hard work, I tell ya. Don't let the hammock deceive you.



Beautiful! Just beautiful! And the dog makes it perfect!
ReplyDeleteHe sure does make it perfect! Love him!
DeleteWow, that dog is wayyyyy cute, those eyes!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful playground, the beach.
A beautiful place full of interesting treasures and history. Cannot wait to hear more.
Chucho is the coolest dog. It is quite a place for sure. I hope to do more of a focused post soon about the town. For now it's just my random thoughts and things that strike my fancy! :)
DeleteLooks like a beautiful place to relax in the sun, provided Chucho isn't casting too big a shadow.
ReplyDeleteIt is quite a beautiful place. He only blocks the sun when you stop petting him and he has to lay his big ol' head across your body to say, 'More please!'
Delete:)
Chucho is such a cutie! That's awesome that they have a dog there you can hang out with. I've always wanted to stay at a B&B or somewhere that had a resident fur kid.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about feeling a like noodle and like you've been beat up, in a good way, after a great deep tissue massage. That is the best feeling!
Your pictures are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing more.