Newcomers stopping by today - welcome! As I said in my message in the sidebar, if I could, I'd throw my arms around you in a strong, welcoming hug. Visitors to my house can barely step up into the threshold before I've scooped them up in my arms. My daughter's precious, new boyfriend doesn't quite know what to do with this yet. So I'm glad you all are here, and consider yourself sufficiently hugged.
As I began to explore others' blogs, I learned that many, more seasoned bloggateers in a blog hop implement 'themes' for each day's posts. I considered this, and started to title today's post 'Advice', an introduction to my theme. Then I countered with myself, "Who wants unsolicited advice? Who likes advice anyway?" I explored the word and idea further and plucked the gentler synonyms from the meaning - I like the idea of being an advocate for, giving encouragement to, or offering guidance and help. Isn't that what this life is all about anyway? Coming alongside each other to help us all navigate the uncertain as well as the sublime parts? So I arrived at the overarching theme for this month: 'Advice of the Amiable Sort'. The beauty of offering counsel in this way is that you can quietly take it in, and either take it on, or politely move on. Any and all words found here under the heading 'advice' are given because they have been tried in this life, sometimes by trial and fire, and have proven to stand for me. Even in brokenness, sunlight catches the jagged places and casts some of the most beautiful radiance.
So today's post title is how I try to live, overall. Aspire for More - more life, more connection, more meaning and purpose. Acquire Less - less clutter, less material, less negativity, less wastefulness. Lastly, set your sights and aim at something.
What do you aim for?
Blessed Palm Sunday to all.
A song and a picture of the day, all beginning with 'A' -
Apologies for the ad in the beginning. Skip it for sure. I adore this band and this song.
'Afraid'
Meet Maggie - my bizzare, goofy, clumsy dog. This was taken the other night when a big clap of thunder shook the windows. No sooner had I opened the hall closet to get a towel and she scooted in to take refuge.

LOL! I'm aiming to make it through this years A to Z Challenge. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteJoyce, you and me both! I can be consistently inconsistent so this is a HUGE challenge for me! Wishing you all the best and lots of words to flow your way!
DeleteCarrie, I'm giving you a big hug back! Thanks for stopping by my blogs and commenting! BTW, I have a larger version of your dog. Her name is Mudge.
ReplyDeleteI will be by again for sure! Is your dog as funny about visitors to your house as mine? My guests are greeted with polar opposite welcomes - open arms and manic barking. She is a bozo for sure but I love her anyway!
DeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteComing alongside each other to help us all navigate the uncertain as well as the sublime parts?
That's exactly why I love blogging! Looks like we may just be kindred spirits!
Brianna @
BibleBloggers (#510 on the A-Z list)
and @
1st Writes (My Writer's Group Blog, #517 on the A-Z list)
and finally @
Pocketful of Playdough (My regular Blog, not on the A-Z list)
Hi Brianna! We may very well be kindred sisters!! Glad you stopped by! I will check out your regular blog as well - love the title!
Deleteglad you're on board! It can be a very fun month...I may be by for a hug in person - you never know.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to meeting so many wonderful people most! Up for hugs any day!
DeleteMaggie is so cute!
ReplyDeletehappy A to Z
baygirl32.blogspot.com
She is a mess! Hope your A to Z hop is going well!
DeleteYour Maggie looks my Max!
ReplyDeleteHappy A to Z-ing!
ScribblesFromJenn
Daw!!! Wonder if Max has the same quirky personality? Happy A to Zing back!
DeleteYes, Carrie. It IS never too late to publish a book. So never give up trying! And thanks for coming over to my Golden Movies theme for the A to Z so I could meet you. You look like a lovely person, and although I wasn't born in the South, I feel like a Southerner. So here's a warm Southern smile back to you!
ReplyDeleteAnn Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs
Ann, I will be back! I will look to your endeavors as the path that whispers, 'this way!'.
DeleteHave a wonderful A to Z journey!
Your dog is adorable! I looove dogs that have special traits and quirks, like being a bit of a coward. So funny.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my site, loved the advise, and I'll be coming for more.
From Diary of a Writer in Progress
Thanks Gina - she is a NUT. One of her other quirks is her propensity for climbing up right at my face when I invite her up in my lap. She doesn't understand the 'personal bubble'. Such a love.
DeleteStop by when you can!
Hi Carrie, nice to meet you! I stopped by to welcome you to the Challenge, but feel so comfy here I decided to stay. Got any lemonade? Or a diet Coke? And then I'll go for a walk on the beach here in your background.
ReplyDeleteNew follower :)
KarenG
Great!!! Please do come curl up in a chair anytime! I don't have lemonade at the moment, and am nearly done with my Diet Coke/Coke Zero habit...sweet tea? Coffee? I looooove coffee.
DeleteSo glad you joined along with me!
Hello, Carrie! My mom is always talking about this kind of thing. She's a minimalist and a joy-chooser! Aspiring for more meaning and joy and acquiring less clutter and toxic relationships are themes I've grown up with. Love this post! Nice to meet you and happy A to Z!
ReplyDeleteI think I would like your Mom a lot! Nice to meet you too, and I look forward to coming by your blog!
DeletePoor Maggie!
ReplyDeleteAnd I certainly like 'Aspire for More.' :)
Good luck with the challenge.
Hi Hektor!
DeleteThank you for stopping by!
Hope for fun and success in the challenge for you!