April 5, 2012

F: Fantastic! Fridge Poetry Friday

Fabulous!  Just so happens my regular Fridge Poetry post falls on the 'letter F' day.  Perfect!  Or should I say, 'Far out!'?
This one is called, 'Find Me'
April is National Poetry Month.  One thing I would encourage everyone to do is branch out and try something new.  If you aren't normally inclined to writing poetry, give it a whirl.  It is quite freeing.  Forget all the 'rules' you learned from your high school teacher's 'unit on poetry', contained within a two-week span, complete with analysis of verse and meaning.  Fall right into a pile of words, and just play.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful - beautiful.
    I have always wanted a fridge poetry set. I love poetry (especially Rimbaud).
    Perhaps I should try and get back into writing poetry.
    Love yours,
    Dif-tor heh smusma
    - T'Laina (vibrant-oxymoron.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, T'Laina!
    I adore poetry. A poetry set is a 'must have' for sure! So much fun. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    Come back any time!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem, enjoyed reading it! It's fantastic that you have this kind of poetry Friday!

    Hugging you - Southern style ;)

    Hello, stopping by from A-Z Challenge!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara!
      Thank you! I thoroughly enjoy poetry, and when I discovered these poetry kits a few years ago, I was instantly hooked. It is a fun way to experiment with words, jump start any writer's block, and distract when you're standing at the fridge mindlessly scavenging! ;-)

      Hugging you back!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Happy A-Z!
      Carrie

      Delete
  4. What a clear way to display poetry. Thanks for the encouragement to try something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could encourage! It is a lot of fun!

      Thank you, Wanda, for stopping by!
      Happy A-Z!
      Carrie

      Delete