April 26, 2012

W: Wellness


Yesterday someone commented on my Facebook status:  ' You seriously sound so relax all the time.  I need to live where you live.'  I replied back that it is an intentional effort.  I am glad that it is a recognized element of my life, and can hopefully encourage others to do the same.

The thing is, it isn't about where you live.  Sure, I am aware of the difference between a sprawling metropolis with all its traffic, overload of stimuli and noise and a slower-paced rural area.  Yet it goes back to the resolute choice to bring calm to any situation or circumstance.  For me, it is a tuning into to the various aspects of our being, and taking the 'pulse' on how well I am in that realm.  Some times, an area will shout its ailing state, demanding attention.  These warnings can not be ignored.  I know firsthand what can happen when any one area of life gets out of balance.  Don't wait until you are dealing with major health, emotional or relational issues before taking action.

For synopsis of the dimensions of wellness, I found this link of Seven Dimensions of Wellness to be helpful as an overview with some guiding questions connected to each dimension.  I am sure there are inventories and assessments available to further explore this important concept.  Again, this is a purposeful, intentional endeavor.  One worth making.

How are you?  Emotionally?  Physically?  Socially?  Spiritually? Intellectually?  Occupationally?  Have you felt 'out of balance' lately?  What can you do to change it?

No comments:

Post a Comment