April 23, 2012

S: Seekers Only Need Apply

There are those that are 'seekers' in life and those that stagnate.  I know both, and I have been both.  In reality, we can all be said to be seeking something.  Some aren't aware what it is they are seeking, for they are always grasping, spinning, filling a 'void' with that which does not fit.

In a time that seems like another life, I was one who 'drifted' through my days, thinking that my time upright and bound by gravity here was about tackling the next thing.  It was compelled by crossing off my to-do list daily, getting through alarm clock to lights out, and then getting back up to do it again.  It is a maddening way to live, and the worst part of it is that it can be so all-encompassing that one might not even be fully aware that it is happening, especially to those living with eyes half-closed.

It is helpful to stop in the midst of the numbing delirium and identify what it is that you need from time to time.  Once you do that, seek it out.  This is an active process.  It seems elementary and obvious, but for myself, and the vast majority, this isn't readily practiced.  It is learned.

I am a seeker now.  My primary effort in seeking is spiritual in nature.  I investigated the concept of seeking in Scripture and found some truths for the worthy things to pursue - God's face (Ps.27:8), justice (Is.1:17), instruction/wisdom/knowledge (Mal.2:7), things eternal (Matt.6:30, Col.3:2), and the good of others (1 Cor.10:24).

It is also beneficial to stop and identify what you may need for the moment or for a particular phase or circumstance you find yourself in right then.  Do you need clarity?  Rest?  A time-out?  Focus?  To re-center or re-set?  Do you need to move away from toxic, draining people?  Do you need gravitate toward the positive, uplifting ones?  Do you need to challenge yourself?  Move your body?  Forgive?  Seek it out and DO IT.


What is it that you seek?  What is it that you need right now?


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comments :) To follow my blog, go to the top of it and on the left hand side is a button that says "follow". Click on it and it will give you the option to follow anonymously or publically. I don't have a followers widget on my blog :)

    I think we are all seeking something at some point in our lives; I think we need to make sure we are seeking things that build us and others up, that edify God and make him known. You listed great scriptures :) I'm seeking God, "seek" is my word for 2012 (Matthew 6:33).

    looking forward to getting to know you more :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I will definitely follow.

      Have a great rest of the A-Z!

      Delete
  2. Really great advice. I desperately need focus to re-write my WIP, so I need to quit whining about it and do it! And some exercise probably wouldn't hurt. :-)

    Wishing you continued success with the A to Z challenge,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings, Jocelyn and good luck getting the WIP done!! You can do it!

      We're almost there!
      Carrie

      Delete