We had an excavation of sorts going on in our yard this week. For over a year, a gradual sinkhole was forming and the earth was forming gaping holes everywhere in our side yard. Turns out, the builder decided it was cheaper/easier to just create a scrap hole to dump all the cut trees and burn scraps rather than haul them off. Nine years later, as the wood began to do what nature intended and disintegrate, we feared we might lose a small child or the entire riding lawnmower one day if the ground completely opened up and swallowed them whole.
So a company came out to dig out the junk, haul it off (should have done that the FIRST time) and fill it all back in with dirt (or red clay...). In the process, a hole was created the size of a nearly Olympic-size swimming pool. He joked that he thought I said I wanted a pool in my front (side) yard, and for a split second, I thought....'Hmmm....add a little concrete...a fence...why not?'
Drat. The neighbors probably wouldn't take too nicely to that. Phooey.

No comments:
Post a Comment