(I digress for a moment from the A-Z Challenge for a message to my son. )
You're out there, somewhere. I have not heard your voice in days. Your absence was tangible today in the empty chair and pictures left wanting for the tallest one in the room. I have willed my love and embrace to you today across oceans and miles. I know you sensed it somehow.
This song came on today and although it is from a Dad's perspective, it was my heartfelt prayer for you. You are loved and missed.
Mom
Awww, I hope that he is doing okay! While my girlies are still young and I don't miss them right now (well, okay, a little, but don't tell them) I know that I will be super bummed when they leave the house and start their lives.
ReplyDeleteGood blog!
Visiting from A to Z.
Hi Jana! He is doing great! We actually got a phone call from him tonight from a secure phone line! it certainly is a new phase in life as we also have a daughter that isn't far behind him at all (she will be a senior next year). She is out and about and on the go all the time so we're getting some 'practice' at being empty nesters so that's been helpful.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I would have loved to have had your blog link to visit you back!
Happy A-Zing!