April 16, 2012

M: Move On

Some of us, by nature, have a harder time moving on than others.  We wax nostalgic, gazing longingly through the lovely shade of rose at events behind us.  Every aspect of that time we go back to looks more beautiful, more exciting, more of whatever it may be that we feel we are lacking now and it draws our eyes like something glittery.  We can be so shortsighted and forget the rough patches, the mundane, or even the downright painful.

I have moved a few times in my life.  Some of those times that I reflect back on were not easy.  The most gut-wrenching I can recall was when I moved from Texas to Georgia in high school.  Yeah, not an easy time to uproot and start over.  Double hard when I was leaving the place where I grew up.  Triple hard when I was a fairly quiet girl, having to walk into a hallway of strangers.  Yet, even though it was difficult, it was for the best.  I didn't see it at the time, but the point of moving is to go from one situation that is no longer conducive for whatever reason, to new possibilities and fresh opportunities.  Most moving vans ultimately go in one direction (figuratively) - forward.  

That is my point:  be aware of times that you just need to move forward.  Getting stuck in yesterday benefits no one, especially yourself.  You could miss the 'sweet spot' that is meant for you if you hesitate in stepping out and moving on to what lies ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment